cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,
I have created the .MSI file using developer with 0 error and 0 warning..When I run "Full MSI Validation suite" it gives the following error..suggase me the solution....

ICE43 Error Component Folder_PowerPlus has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.
http://dartools/iceman/ice43.html
Component Attributes Folder_PowerPlus
(3) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
ICE43 posts an error message if a non-advertised shortcut is in a component that does not have a HKCU registry entry as its key path.

The attributes column of the Component "Component Folder_PowerPlus" is 0, meaning that the component uses a file as its KeyPath. This causes non-advertised shortcuts in this component to be installed for the first user on the computer ONLY. Users who install the component later do not see the shortcuts because the component appear to the installer as already existing on the computer.

You can fix this problem (ICE43) in Developer by selecting the component that contain the non advertised shortcut in the "Setup Design" view. Then go to the "Registry Data" node underneath this component and create a Registry Key. Now create a Registry value under this Registry key.

Once done set this Registry Value as the key path of the component. You can do this by selecting the Registry value and then performing the Right click menu operation. You will see a menu option "Set Key Path". Click on this menu option to set the value as the key path of the component.
But what's really strange is that you will get this validation error by using the "Create an Unistallation Shortcut" in the Project Assistant of IS2009.

Why would IS2009 create a shortcut that doesn't validate?
Alfetta159 wrote:
But what's really strange is that you will get this validation error by using the "Create an Unistallation Shortcut" in the Project Assistant of IS2009.

Why would IS2009 create a shortcut that doesn't validate?

There's a bug in the AdminStudio 8.6 repackager, it does not create the keyfiles under HKCU anymore, 6.0VP1 of AdminStudio did this nicely...
I hope they get it back working in the next version.

reg, Henno.