Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force a reboot at end of installation

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to how to force a reboot at the end of a package. I've tried adding the property REBOOT=FORCE and also the Schedulereboot action, with no luck. Obviously I am doing something wrong, does anyone have step by step isntructions on how to set this up? For something so simple (I come from a Zenworks background, its just a checkbox in that) it seems very complicated to do.

I know you can do it from the command line parameters, but I really need the MSI itself to trigger the reboot

Thanks

Paul
(7) Replies
What do you mean by "with no luck"? Does it prompt for a reboot at all? Or it does prompt for reboot, but it does not reboot after clicking Yes? Or it does not prompt, and does not reboot?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Sorry, it was my mistake, I installed the custom action in the wrong place, its all working fine now 🙂 Sorry about my silly question!
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I've been fighting for 4 days trying to get a repackaged MSI to reboot at the end of its install. How do you set an MSI to Reboot at the end of the install.
If you want it always to reboot, perhaps add the REBOOT property to the Property table with value Force.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Tried that, It Still Doesn't Reboot.

I am attempting to Do Silent Installs BTW.

I Found the RebootPromt Custom Action, but it doesn't Reboot until Some one logs in. Any other Possibilities?

Thanks
Jeff
I assume you've tried adding the ScheduleReboot action to the sequences...

Have you created a log file during installation? That might hold some clues...
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Have Tried the Schedule Reboot Option. Hadn't Thought of the Log File. Will Try that.

Thanks