cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hi all,
my team -member is stuck up with a strange problem. He has packaged a basic MSI application. When we install for the first time, it installs fine and uninstalls fine. there is no problem regarding functinality too. but when he tries to install it again on the same build for the second or further, it throws an error "2738". has anyone faced it?? if so, please do help me out for this is an urgent application that should be uploaded within this week.

thanks in advance for the help......
bye.....:confused:
(3) Replies
First off, I would not repackage a Basic MSI setup, a transform will be created instead.

Per msi.chm, 2738 is
Could not access VBScript run time for custom action [2].
If the original installation does not have this problem, the repackaged setup deletes some VBScript runtime file(s) that it shouldn't have deleted.
hi TsungH
thanks for comming back with that valuable tip. But this time it is because of some HKCR registry keys. should i make those registry keys permanent and check it out?? for this is a suite of applications and the error comes in the main application. Others don't throw these errors. And to remind u this is a Setup capture. so any valuable tip is regarded as a great favour to our team here...

thanks in advance for ur help.....

bye....:)
I don't have enough information to provide further recommendation. If you prefer, you can use mySupport to reach InstallShield Support.