cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build 1.x installer packages?

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I just found out that my 2.0 built packages do not work on 1.x Windows installer machines. Is there a way to force adminstudio to build 1.x packages? Please let me know.

Thanks!
(7) Replies
If you build a release using Developer's Release Wizard, there's an option to use the MSI 1.x engine and schema.

(If you have a copy of Administrator's Introduction to Application Repackaging and Software Deployment using Windows Installer---www.installshield.com/ispress---this is described in Chapter 15, pp. 452-3...)
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for your quick reply. I dont' have the book but is there a way to do this in Adminstudio 3.0?
You should still be able to open the ISM file with Developer, and build a new release with the Release Wizard; you might search the online help for "Release Wizard"...
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Sorry I'm not completely familiar with the product yet. Is developer the same as author?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Also I noticed that the Release wizard in AdminStudio 5.0 has an option for 1.x builds but the release wizard in Adminstudio 3.0 does not. Do you know anything about this?
Oh, sorry, yes: in AdminStudio 3.0, the Developer tool was called Author.

If the option to use MSI 1.2 isn't present in your version, you might have a look at InstallShield Knowledge Base article Q105489, at http://support.installshield.com/kb.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Ok I'm going to give it a shot. just changed all of the settings. Thanks for the help!