cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HKCR\Interface tons of conflicts..why?

I have a MSI I created via repackage, (AdminStudio v.10)and conflict resolver has flagged a lot of conflicts. Please see .MHT attachment of conflict report.

I've seen repackager capture HKCR key info in the past, and have been told or have read that it's best not to meddle with that hive's captured data, but this time, it totally pooched some CITRIX based applications, and I can expound on that if neccessary.

Please advise/inform?

Cheers!
Rich
(3) Replies
To be honest you will need to check the entries to find out what they are linked too. To show you what I mean

The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C27CCE3A-8596-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628}\InprocServer32\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict

Looking at that key on my machine points to it being a part of C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX, so basically what that tells me is you have caught a common control OCX file that isnt part of a merge module.

If your killing Citrix by installing this I would be looking inside HKLM for the problem 1st and then looking in CLSID.

Does the problem on Citrix arrise once you install it or after you uninstall?

The following keys look very dodgy to me though:
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cdx\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dsn\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.js\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.asa\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vbs\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.asp\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.

What your doing here is overriting common file associations, like .html and .vbs. If you uninstall this package there is a potential that these file associations are stripped out as well.

Also looking at the following key:
ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ODBC.FileDSN\DefaultIcon\' in component 'RegistryData_HKCR' is causing a conflict.

Tells me you may be deploying a ODBC datasource, and if this isnt properly configured could overright something on the machine currently.

Paul
yeah, you're right on about the "ACE24 The registry entry 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\' in component " part.
That is precisely what blew up.

It caused a most bizarre situation: causing notepad.exe to open when attempting to go to a URL: BUT only if trying to access a URL via a NAL icon!(Novell application Launcher).
Most bizarre.
😞
Glad ya figured it out.

Paul
Top Kudoed Authors