cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File permissions not working

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have an msi-project where I need to set modify rights for a specific group of domain users. I do this using the builtin permissions options for files and components.

My Lockpermissions table entry looks like this:

Client.ini - File - domainname - DomainUsergroup - 1610744255

I can build the package without problems. I install the package using SMS and there are no reported problems in the log. But when I look at the file "Client.ini" after the installation, the permissions I specified are not set, the DomainUsergroup is not even visible in the security tab of the file properties?!?

I am using AdminStudio 5.5 for the packaging, and the package is installed on a WinXP Pro client.

I really dont understand what is wrong here 😞
(2) Replies
Are domainname and DomainUsergroup literally entered to the table? Screenshot of the table and file's security settings after being installed will be more descriptive.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
"Domainname" is just a name to explain, offcourse I enter the real domainname, I have tried using the variable %USERDOMAIN without success.

"DomainUserGroup" is also just a name for description purposes, here I enter the name of the AD group that must be able to access the file.

The file's security settings after installation is unchanged from before installation. The security settings I set are not applied at all 😞