cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While converting

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I keep receiving an error while attempting to convert an inc to an ism file. I shold not say an error, but the Legacy Setup Conversion wizard keeps freezing on "Creating Components for the files captured"

I created the inc using system monitoring

Any help will be appreciated this is only happening on this application " MicroLogic Infoselect v7"
(9) Replies
Create a registry keys as below. The created inc2msi.log will probably tell you the last entry it made in the log file before it froze. That might give you some information

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield]
"DebugFile"="C:\\MySetups\\Inc2msi.log"
"DebugRepackager"="5"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\AdminStudio]
"DebugLogLevel"="3"
I'm getting this exact problem. I added the reg keys suggested but no log file is created.
What version of Adminstudio are you using?
After a reboot of my machine I'm able to get a log (but same problem). I've renamed it *.rul and attached it.

I'm using AdminStudio 3.5.

Cheers.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I had this problem when I first started using AdminStudio 5.

Usually after the repackaging wizard is complete, repackager is opened automatically for legacy coversion. I was able to resolve the problem by opening the INC/IRP on my development system and running the conversion there instead of doing it on my clean system.
Actually, this is how we do it too. I'm opening the .inc file on my own workstation (not on the system I ran the snapshot on).
I called InstallShield support and they suggested I reinstall AdminStudio. I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled AdminStudio and I get the same problem. My coworker gets the same trouble from his system too.
Do you all have AdmiNStudio 5.0 Service Pack 1 installed? This issue was fixed in Service Pack 1.

This usually occurred when you select to replace files with Merge Modules.
Hmm.. interesting. I have 3.5 is there something I can do about this?
I tried to tear the msi from the executable but it just made a mess. I'm trying to create an ISM from snapshots.
Thanks!
I've been advised that it was caused by two blank lines at the beginning of PerfStringBackup.INI that is part of the repackaging files.
I'm going to test this later today.