cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable User Interface

ok, so I'm fairly new to AdminStudio and I've been reading through the user guide. However, it's 1500 pages and I'm in a time crunch. Could someone take the time to explain to me how to go about disabling all user interface dialogs and essentially create a silent install? Or at least point me to the page in the user guide that discusses this? I also need to figure out how to apply about 20 license keys with a single installation. I'm afraid we ordered the software to be distributed with individual licenses instead of a site-wide license. I can worry about user permissions later as this software doesn't seem to write much to the registry. I was just hired on and given the project of installing about 11 packages to about 1300 computers in less than a week. 😕 And seeing as how I really don't want to manually install on each machine individually, a crash course in AdminStudio is my only hope. 🙂 Any help would be greatly appreciated and like I said... a specific chapter or page reference in the user guide would be a great start! I've tried to search for specific references in the guide but I'm not even really sure what I should be looking for.

NOTE: I read the thread previous to mine about using /qn but I would like to know if there is a way to create a transform that disables all dialogs automatically without the use of command line parameters.
(4) Replies
Have you tried removing the dialogs from the User Interface sequence? :cool:
yes, but they still show after I repackage the msi with the dialogs disabled.
have u tried running the msi with /qn. For more information refer to msiexec command line parameters.
yes but that's a command line parameter. I want to disable the dialogs over a network install. I actually figured out that I can disable all dialogs through network administrator without having to edit the msi though. So that's good enough for me. But I'm still having problems with license key inserts. Most of the programs that I'm repackaging require license keys and only 1 of them so far has actually recorded a registry value for this and successfuly installed over the network. The others however, I can't seem to find any registry entries of the license and the snapshot doesn't record my license input for some reason. Any ideas? I've tried using filemon and regmon during the registration process to see what's going on but I can't make heads or tails of what I see. 😞