cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating App catalog in AdminStudio 8

Hello all, a few questions........

1. When trying to create a new application catalog in adminstudio8 there are no special instructions for sql permissions, so of course it gives me not enough rights error when I try to go forward with the creation of the DB. The sa account gives me a "Invalid object name 'adminstudio8.dbo.AMS_SchemaInfo'." error.

What are the user permissions required for SQL Server?? I won't be able to use the sa account outside of development.

2. What versions of SQL are supported???

Thanks
Jeff
(2) Replies
The SA account should have adequate permissions to create the application catalog. Can you post the full output that results from running the Catalog Creation wizard?

As far as permissions for using the application catalog, it's generally recommended to have DBO privileges on the database. And as far as SQL Server support, I've used SQL 2000 and 2005 both for application catalogs without issue.
Thanks for the reply. I figured it out last night....I had created the db before I tried creating the app catalog. Apparently you need to just let the sa account create the db for you (duh!!).

Oh well..... I would like to see some more instruction on setting up sql, and have it so that you can create the db first and use other logins besides the sa account. If I wasn't demoing this on my own test box there would be no way that I would even get access to the sa account.

Jeff