cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert App to Virtual App

Hi All,

I'm trying to virtualize some applications without any luck. Using the Automated Application Converter, I added my VM that reside on an esx Server and added some packages with the Package Import Wizard.

Then, I select 1 package and "Launch Package for testing..." but I don't see the VM in the list.

The only way I was able to convert app to virtual is by using the App Conversion Project Wizard, browse for a package (i already have some packages configured!!!), configuring the esxServer (also, already configured!!) and selecting a VM.

Is there a better method to convert app to Virtual ??

I'm starting to regret the acquisition of AdminStudio 11.0 versus using Wise Package Studio 8 and App-V Sequencer... Help me to change my mind.

Thanks
(3) Replies
We have had nothing but head aches as well, specially with support. We stopped even trying to sequence with Admin studio because 1. doesn't handle short cuts sufficiently, 2. hasn't integrated with Hyper V very will. We have had to revert to microsoft App-v Sequencer to sequence.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

You have to use an AAC Project, in order to convert a msi file into app-v package. You will need to use the Conversion wizard.

Alternatively you can use the legacy repackager or just use the InstallShield editor to create an App-V package.

Hope this helps.
Did you read the manual / help to setup a correct AAC environment?
Running AAC should be a walk in the park ,
maybe a trainingsession is something for you?