cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Catalog Database Sizing

Can anyone provide sizing recommendations for the AdminStudio Pro 7.5 Application Catalog on MS SQL?

I'm interested in how much disk space I should plan for the DB. Within 2 years, I expect the catalog to contain ~300 applications. Is there a forumula or guideline for the DB disk space requirement per imported application?

Thanks,

--Terry
(4) Replies
That sounds about like what ours is. It's occupying about 250mb of space right now, but is setup to allow for upto 500mb. We have about 300 apps in it.
Hmm.. what backend are you using for the db? SQL/Oracle/mdb?

In my test environment we're just using an Access mdb. If I put in one O/S snapshot, it shoots up about 100 MB. Each application takes up about as much space as it does disk space... so our Application Catalog is huge. Many times larger than yours.

I wonder if that's because of db type?
I did a test with SQL 2005 and it's the same. About 100 MB for an OS snapshot. There's just no way your application catalog can be 250 MB for 300 apps...?
I don't know. We used an access for a really short time when we started about 3 years ago. now we use SQL. I think it would be best to get the data ona sql server if you can. It's really fast that way too. You don't spend hours waiting for it to finish... 🙂

I'll go double check...

Ok, so I miss stated... :eek:
we have two catalogs. 1 that was rebuilt cause it wasn't working and upgraded when versioin 7 came out. It's 475mb right now. We have 126 apps in it and 1 os snapshot.
The old one has 214 apps and no OS snapshots and apparently is 16 GB. (I think this is a little off that or the database is completely hosed). Trimming database now...
we'll see what that does.

EDIT:

Ok, so in an attempt to figure out why the database is that big, I upgraded it as well. It's now 18 GB's.
I don't know what to tell you on the size question then. I'm really at a loss for what is wrong. By the information I have, it would be 76 MB/app based on one db, but by the other it would be 4mb/app.

Hope that helps in some way. I'm still trying to figure out what is the deal here.

Good luck to you