cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App-V 5 and AdminStudio 11.5

I'm new to the App-V scene and was wondering since the upgrade to App-V 5.0, can AdminStudio Virtualization Pack resequence older .sft files? I have not seen or found a way to do this. I afraid several of my old .sft files (I inherited MSI creations at my work) will need to be recaptured. I'm unsure of how to accomplish resequencing not using MS products. I hope I made sense.
(3) Replies
mrgimpy wrote:
I'm new to the App-V scene and was wondering since the upgrade to App-V 5.0, can AdminStudio Virtualization Pack resequence older .sft files? I have not seen or found a way to do this. I afraid several of my old .sft files (I inherited MSI creations at my work) will need to be recaptured. I'm unsure of how to accomplish resequencing not using MS products. I hope I made sense.

Currently our support for App-V 5.0 is read-only capabilities in the Virtual Package Editor. The App-V packages that AdminStudio 11.5 creates are App-V version 4.x
"Currently our support for App-V 5.0 is read-only capabilities in the Virtual Package Editor. The App-V packages that AdminStudio 11.5 creates are App-V version 4.x"

Is this going to change soon?

We are using App-v 5, and are looking for a tool to use to edit packages. I'd like to stay with AdminStudio, but if it's going to take a long time I won't be able to wait...
I guess that there will be full App-V 5 support very soon (June / july) with the new release of AdminStudio around that time...