cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adminstudio 2013 : Launch issues after install

I am trying to install adminstudio 2013 in windows server 2008. Installation goes fine and application gets installed but when I try to launch the application I am having some issues.

When I launch application I am getting following error " adminstudio has stopped working, windows can check online solution for the problem" Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AdminStudio.exe
Application Version: 12.0.0.1053
Application Timestamp: 52fd59e7
Fault Module Name: StackHash_4c0d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 76314913
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.18.10

I see below event logged during app install, ( not a an error event but a warning)

“Product: InstallShield 2013. The application tried to install a more recent version of the protected Windows file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\dbnmpntw.dll. You may need to update your operating system for this application to work correctly. (Package Version: 2000.85.1022.0, Operating System Protected Version: 6.1.7600.16385).”

Though this event is about install shield this app launched fine and no issues, all components installed are launching fine except adminstudio. Can someone please assist? I need this ASAP.
(2) Replies
Can someone help me on this error?
The event viewer warning that you mentioned is unrelated to your problem. I see that all the time when installing InstallShield. I am going to have to guess that your OS is damaged. You may want to open an elevated command prompt and run sfc.exe /SCANNOW

That will check all of your important OS files for corruption. It will attempt to repair any corruption that it finds (though, in extreme cases, even the cached files could be corrupted and you'll need to extract healthy copies from the Windows .iso or DVD)