cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Studio 2016 Repackager won't run

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here. Only recently being introduced to the world of Packaging applications with Admin Studio but am quickly getting the hang of things.

I have just upgraded to Admin Studio 2016 and can not for the life of me work out why I can not get Repackager to launch. I have installed it onto my main computer with the full Admin Studio suite and also installed, on several computers and VM's, StandaloneRepackager and always having the same issue.

When I launch Repackager nothing happens.
There is no evidence of it running in Task Manager.

I still have a computer (Win 7 64bit) with Admin Studio 2014 which works and I have even tried to install StandaloneRepackager (15.0.0.694) on to this with same results.

I have attempted to install this on both Win 7 and Win 10 with same results. I have even re downloaded from License Centre in case it was a bad download.

Maybe I am missing something really obvious but I would appreciate any help on this as I would love to start using this new version.

All the Best.
(4) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

This may be related to licensing or some prerequisites or windows updates. Please make sure that you have all the windows updates installed on the machine, where you are trying to install Repackager.

If the issue persists, then please contact our Support team and they can help you further.

Thanks!
Thanks for the info. I have now requested access to the Customer Community so I can create a support ticket.

I have confirmed that this is not related to licensing by attempting to run the application on a freshly installed licensed version of Admin Studio 2016 on Windows 10 with all updates installed.

Hopefully I will have some luck with Support.

If any one has experienced something similar, I would love to hear about it.
This is happening to me, too. It's actually crashing before it loads the interface:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 21/09/2016 3:58:15 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: xxxx
Description:
Faulting application name: Repack.exe, version: 15.0.0.694, time stamp: 0x5769cc96
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.17113, time stamp: 0x57cf8f60
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000b4118
Faulting process id: 0x1b94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d213cd246589eb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\2016\Repackager\Repack.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: bbc674ca-d6c5-42f5-b436-be8fb5cc4025
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
xxxx

Repack.exe
5769cc96
KERNELBASE.dll
57cf8f60
e06d7363
000b4118
1b94
01d213cd246589eb
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\2016\Repackager\Repack.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
bbc674ca-d6c5-42f5-b436-be8fb5cc4025

WesternSydney wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here. Only recently being introduced to the world of Packaging applications with Admin Studio but am quickly getting the hang of things.

I have just upgraded to Admin Studio 2016 and can not for the life of me work out why I can not get Repackager to launch. I have installed it onto my main computer with the full Admin Studio suite and also installed, on several computers and VM's, StandaloneRepackager and always having the same issue.

When I launch Repackager nothing happens.
There is no evidence of it running in Task Manager.

I still have a computer (Win 7 64bit) with Admin Studio 2014 which works and I have even tried to install StandaloneRepackager (15.0.0.694) on to this with same results.

I have attempted to install this on both Win 7 and Win 10 with same results. I have even re downloaded from License Centre in case it was a bad download.

Maybe I am missing something really obvious but I would appreciate any help on this as I would love to start using this new version.

All the Best.
Hi Guys,

@nzdude
I submitted a support ticket and it turns out that there is a known bug with Repackager that comes into play if your timezone is not US.
Information on the issue is available here: https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Repackager-Crashes-on-Windows-7-when-the-time-zone-is-not-set-to-a-US-time-zone

Changing my timezone did fix the issue but as I can't leave it like this, I was able to apply a hotfix that was supplied by Flexera support that worked.

I hope this helps.