cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 errors during build, 11 Warnings

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I just started using the Admin Studio to create msi's.
Here's two (2) warnings that I am having trouble decipehering.

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for aruser.chm in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]Action Request System. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

Undefined CLSID '{f5078f27-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221}': no component exists for file '[%SystemRoot]System32\msxml2.dll'. COM registry entries for CLSID '{f5078f27-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221}' will remain in the Registry table because file '[%SystemRoot]System32\msxml2.dll' was not listed in the .inc file list. This may result in ICE33 warnings.

The .msi works and the application works. Just curious.

Thanks
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
During installation you're legacy installer has registered the DLLs in the registry, MSI wants you to use the internal COM registration (right mouse button on a DLL/EXE file within a component that has been given a "_COM" suffix, you should have eaither "extract COM data" or "refresh COM data".

If the COM data was extracted sucessfuly, you should have a few entries under ComponentName/Advanced/COM Data
You will notice that a lot of the registry entries for the same component will be under HKCR\Class or TypeLib (third one escapes my memory), the registry entries can usually be deleted as they are duplicates of the COM registration.

Hope this makes some kind of sense 🙂