cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification to (new) user

Hi, is there a possibility or function in Spider (WebGUI, SpiderAdmin-Tool,...) to send an email message to an user e.g. to inform the User of his new account and login information?

If not, maybe I can use the Report and Alert function. Is there anywhere a documentation for the Spider Admin Tool available ?

Or any other ideas?

Thanks and Regards

Markus

(1) Solution

Hi, I figured out a way by using the Alert and Report function:

1. Create a new User. The new User must also exist  as employee with the same email address (If the user ist not in the synchronised AD, the employee must be created manualy.)

2. Create a "Alert"-View on the core db joining the user and employee table via the email adress (the  view have to  contain the employee ID!!). Filter the view according to the  sysInsert-date = today (or yesterday -> depending on alert schedule)

3. Create  an alert with the  Admin-Tool in the  section "Spider Core" using the created "alert"-view and using the dynamic emloyee option in the Recipients section ("Filter Columns" > off (don't know why 😉 ).

But I'm still interested on the Spider-Admin-Manual !!!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Markus,

I do not think Spider has the ability to send out notifications to you new users. 

I will double check with the development.

I must admit, that would be a very fine feature.

If not, I will open an improvement ticket with the development team.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

Hi, I figured out a way by using the Alert and Report function:

1. Create a new User. The new User must also exist  as employee with the same email address (If the user ist not in the synchronised AD, the employee must be created manualy.)

2. Create a "Alert"-View on the core db joining the user and employee table via the email adress (the  view have to  contain the employee ID!!). Filter the view according to the  sysInsert-date = today (or yesterday -> depending on alert schedule)

3. Create  an alert with the  Admin-Tool in the  section "Spider Core" using the created "alert"-view and using the dynamic emloyee option in the Recipients section ("Filter Columns" > off (don't know why 😉 ).

But I'm still interested on the Spider-Admin-Manual !!!