cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Vulnerability Mgmt: Redeployment of an updated vendor package

initially deployed WinSCP SPS update which failed to update targeted installation; instead of updating targeted installation, it created a parallel installation in appdata.  Support recommended using the WinSCP update package from the VPM.  On SCCM side, redeployed update to same test group and a control device.  The control device updated which validates that the WinSCP from VPM is a valid package; however the same test group reported compliant despite the update never being triggered or applying.  SecuniaPackage.log confirms that no 2nd update was applied or attempted. 

Now I had already initiated all the client scans and waited hours/days for the updated WinSCP deployment to arrive and install but no such event came.  Instead SCCM reported compliance for all devices.

So my question is, how do I redeploy the previous WinSCP update package that is now modified/rebuilt/reconfigured to the same test devices which previously installed the update successfully but erroneously?

Thank you.

(2) Replies
tpeacock
By Level 4 Flexeran
Level 4 Flexeran
Hi Roger,
Thank you for your question. This has now generated a ticket in our system & I will follow up from there.
tpeacock
By Level 4 Flexeran
Level 4 Flexeran

Hi Roger,

This has now generated a ticket in our internal system & I will follow up from there.