cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack performance collection

Hello,

How long does it take to collect and display performance information of stacks after licensing and building application stacks? How often does RN150 auto run to collect performance consumed or it's same as discovery scheduled?

Does I need to confirm stacks before  performance consumed collection?

Thank you,

(1) Solution

Hi,

I have provided your question, for context to my reply.

Question: How long does it take to collect and display performance information of stacks after licensing and building application stacks?
Answer: It can take upwards of 24 hours or longer for full population of device performance data, depending on how many devices are licensed. You can confirm if performance data collection is successfully occurring by viewing the Summary of Collection page. The Summary of Collection page can be found at Collect Data tab > Summary of Collection.

Question: How often does RN150 auto run to collect performance consumed or it's same as discovery scheduled?
Answer: Once a device has been licensed for performance collection, the RN150 will poll Windows and Linux devices every five minutes and the VMware API once an hour.

Question: Does I need to confirm stacks before performance consumed collection?
Answer: Confirming and/or Saving the Application Stacks will have the same affect. Confirming and/or Saving the Stack means it will no longer be available when the Build App Stacks feature is utilized. When the Build App Stacks feature is utilized, any App Stack that is not confirmed or saved will be broken down, and rebuilt into Auto App Stacks.

For more information regarding the Build App Stacks process, please see the online documentation linked below.

https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/FCUsingPlatform_BuildStacks.htm

Thank you,

Mark Jamison

Flexera Support

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi,

I have provided your question, for context to my reply.

Question: How long does it take to collect and display performance information of stacks after licensing and building application stacks?
Answer: It can take upwards of 24 hours or longer for full population of device performance data, depending on how many devices are licensed. You can confirm if performance data collection is successfully occurring by viewing the Summary of Collection page. The Summary of Collection page can be found at Collect Data tab > Summary of Collection.

Question: How often does RN150 auto run to collect performance consumed or it's same as discovery scheduled?
Answer: Once a device has been licensed for performance collection, the RN150 will poll Windows and Linux devices every five minutes and the VMware API once an hour.

Question: Does I need to confirm stacks before performance consumed collection?
Answer: Confirming and/or Saving the Application Stacks will have the same affect. Confirming and/or Saving the Stack means it will no longer be available when the Build App Stacks feature is utilized. When the Build App Stacks feature is utilized, any App Stack that is not confirmed or saved will be broken down, and rebuilt into Auto App Stacks.

For more information regarding the Build App Stacks process, please see the online documentation linked below.

https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/FCUsingPlatform_BuildStacks.htm

Thank you,

Mark Jamison

Flexera Support