cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials

We are trying to integrate Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials within Flexera. And following is the information and  permissions we worked upon.

-Application Permissions for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials

CloudApp-Discovery.Read.All

• User Role for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials
    • Global Administrator
  • Credentials for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials
    • Application (Client) ID
    • Client Secrets Value
    • Directory (Tenant) ID

While we were able to complete the integration (status being success) but we do not see any information flowing. Is there anything we are missing , any configuration or reporting to be created?

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Information gathered from Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps by Flexera One ITAM SaaS management functionality is exposed through the Power BI template available here:  Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Power BI Reporting for Flexera One's SaaS Management.

Have you configured this Power BI template? Does it show any information?

For reference, this is described in the following information on the page describing how to integrate with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps:

Microsoft Power BI Reporting for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Client Credentials

SaaS Management’s Microsoft Power BI report, which uses the SaaS Management API, provides insights into SaaS applications that are being used within your organization. For Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, the report helps you to easily surface occurrences of Shadow IT. The Microsoft Power BI report insights can be shared with contacts within your organization who do not typically use SaaS Management.

To create the Microsoft Power BI report, see the Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Power BI Reporting for Flexera One's SaaS Management Knowledge Base article.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Isn't, the Power BI reporting the additional feature here. Isn't it the extra addition to the integration?

Yes, the Power BI reports published in various articles in Flexera Community are additional reporting capabilities to extend the reporting that can be done using built-in Flexera One UIs.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)