cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a Publisher (Local)

We have a publisher that was created manually when we were using Flexera on prem. It has NOTHING connected to it and never will.  How does one remove this local publisher?

(1) Solution

So I'm confused. 🙂 If there are no records, what are you wanting to delete?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The term "Publisher" might refer to different things in the data model. For example

• It might be the "Publisher" field on a license, in which case it is likely a reference to a Vendor record. You can delete Vendor records from the All Vendors page.
  • It might by the "Publisher" field on application records, in which case you probably want to edit (or delete) the application records that refer to the publisher you no longer want and update them to refer to another publisher.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

There are no records associated with this publisher and there is no "vendor" with this name.

So I'm confused. 🙂 If there are no records, what are you wanting to delete?

Never mind.  It's confusing to explain and not important.