cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice: POs for Mainframe Software

We have an abundance of POs for good ole Mainframe SW, coming into the system; since Flexera One is not scanning  the Mainframe Systems or recognizing Mainframe SW in our environment.  What would be the best practice (looking for opinions) on handling these Purchase Orders?

1. Change the Purchase Type to "other"?
  2. Create a PO without an application for these Purchases?

Please, share your thoughts! Thanks 🙂

(1) Solution

There are couple of things you may choose to do with such POs.

- You may create local evidence and tag them to your Mainframe systems to do a manual compliance balance by creating licenses using these POs

- You may simply select such POs and Defer them, let them sit there till eternity if you do not use Deferred box

- You may create a Business Adapter for all these purchases and give them a different type (solution is in your other post)

I couldn't understand your second point, "Create a PO without an application for these purchases." Do you mean to create a License using such PO without an application? Well, you may, but there is no point creating more junk out of junk.

All the best!

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

There are couple of things you may choose to do with such POs.

- You may create local evidence and tag them to your Mainframe systems to do a manual compliance balance by creating licenses using these POs

- You may simply select such POs and Defer them, let them sit there till eternity if you do not use Deferred box

- You may create a Business Adapter for all these purchases and give them a different type (solution is in your other post)

I couldn't understand your second point, "Create a PO without an application for these purchases." Do you mean to create a License using such PO without an application? Well, you may, but there is no point creating more junk out of junk.

All the best!

That's what we do with our Mainframe Purchase Orders. They are assigned to a license without an application. 

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Yea... I meant create a License using such PO without an application. Just typing while I'm thinking....  I agree on the junk from junk comment.

Thank you so much for your input!