cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary

You will see socket information is missing from inventory data that was imported from ILMT. It is a designed behaivour for FlexNet Manager Suite

Synopsis

You will see socket information is missing from inventory data that was imported from ILMT. It is a designed behaivour for FlexNet Manager Suite because socket information is currently used for Oracle licenses and ILMT doesn't have Oracle applications information. FlexNet Manager Suite imports core and processor information from ILMT to calculate IBM licenses.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments
bdavey
By
Level 4

With this said how are the IBM PVU calculations correct when the PVUs are calculated based off of sockets.  Currently I am seeing this problem where the PVUs are being calcuated on the lowest socket count for machines with higher sockets.  This is a major compliance problem.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@bdavey - If you are importing data from ILMT as discussed in this article, the PVU license consumption numbers that you see in FlexNet Manager Suite are largely based on data and calculations performed by ILMT. As such I'm not sure that the fact that FlexNet Manager Suite doesn't import socket counts from ILMT would have a material direct impact on reported compliance positions.

I've also added some comments here in relation to the alternate situation when using the FlexNet agent (rather than ILMT) to gather inventory.

Version history
Last update:
‎Jan 31, 2019 11:17 PM
Updated by: