cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Item" on Purchase details

Hello!

Im seeking some guidance for the "item" area on the Purchase details when creating POs. I was testing out the import feature for the PO and noticed that the "item" area listed all the imported POs as the same order so im seeing it run from 1-400+. 

My question I have is:

Is there a way to process the import for all POs with out it ticking the item count on the purchase details. And/or if there is a way to correct the item amount on POs that are already created.  

(1) Solution

@BlakeDawes  - A single "purchase order" can have multiple line items.  To uniquely identify each line item under a purchase order, a "Line Number" is assigned, which appears in the FNMS user interface as as "Item" number.  When you perform manual entry through the UI, the item number is automatically incremented by 1 each time a new line is added to the same Purchase Order.

If you are importing PO data from your internal Procurement tool, it is likely that your procurement system has its own unique "Item/Line Number" field for each line of the same purchase order.  You can import your own internal line number by importing PO Data through a Business Adapter or through the FlexNet Manager PO Template.

When using the PO Template, the Line Number column is not required.  If you provide your own value in the PO Template then that value will be imported into FNMS as the Item Number.  If the Line Number column in the PO Template spreadsheet is blank, then FNMS will use the Row Number of the Excel spreadsheet as the Item Number.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you referring here to the read-only "Item" field that appears in the "Purchase details" section when viewing a purchase record?

image.png

This field specifies the ordinal value of this purchase within the underlying purchase order. This field is not editable in the UI, and reflects the order of data entry of purchases given the same Purchase order no. All purchase records have a non-blank value in this field which is automatically assigned if import purchase data does not explicitly specify a value for the field.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hey Chris,
Thank you for the insight on this! I am talking about the read-only "item". The problem im having is that im using the import and they all have different PO numbers, and yet the read only item is still marking them as if they are all the same order? I will say that the first 4 letters in our POs are all the same, followed by a (-) then the unique numbers.

@BlakeDawes  - A single "purchase order" can have multiple line items.  To uniquely identify each line item under a purchase order, a "Line Number" is assigned, which appears in the FNMS user interface as as "Item" number.  When you perform manual entry through the UI, the item number is automatically incremented by 1 each time a new line is added to the same Purchase Order.

If you are importing PO data from your internal Procurement tool, it is likely that your procurement system has its own unique "Item/Line Number" field for each line of the same purchase order.  You can import your own internal line number by importing PO Data through a Business Adapter or through the FlexNet Manager PO Template.

When using the PO Template, the Line Number column is not required.  If you provide your own value in the PO Template then that value will be imported into FNMS as the Item Number.  If the Line Number column in the PO Template spreadsheet is blank, then FNMS will use the Row Number of the Excel spreadsheet as the Item Number.