cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ndi File contains symbols and no information of inventory

Hello,

I need some help,  we had this server that did not report for almost a month, stopped out of nowhere.
With a series of errors and troubleshooting

- We had error 404 on every beacon when trying to download policy (fixed)

-Semaphore lock and Ndtrack process was stuck from previous installation. (fixed)  

- Two clean uninstalls and three clean installation, we managed to finally make the agent upload the inventory.
 The logs of the agent are all fine, i checked them, but the .ndi file uploaded is probably corrupted . 
I have attached how the .ndi file opens in notepad.

Did somebody encountered this? 
Is it a one-time situation - or its something that i should check and fix for this inventory to appear accordingly? 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
That screenshot looks like it may be compressed content. Are you looking at a compressed file? Inventory NDI files are often compressed using gzip format.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Can you rerun ndtrack -t machine & check NDI status. Also can you share tracker, installation & policy log

Hello, 

Unfortunately i am not allowed to post some of the logs because it contains client confidential information. 
If you want i can share with you specific parts that it could help in identifying the error.

We did run ndtrack -t machine , two times, both times came in the same format, the difference being that the second one is higher in size ( first has 2kb , second has 29kb ) 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
That screenshot looks like it may be compressed content. Are you looking at a compressed file? Inventory NDI files are often compressed using gzip format.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

You are right. 
I was so focused on all the troubleshooting i did that i did not check the format. 

Thank you!