cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Game Overlay

out of the blue (this morning) suddenly the xbox Game Overlay apppears as installed throughout our organisation. 25 different versions ranging from 1.15 to 5.32.

We did not change anything on agents, policies or the like. Does anyone have a clue where this might be coming from?

(1) Solution

@rene_lansink - you can follow the links under the "Details of changes in the ARL" heading in the ARL update blog postings to see lists of specific applications that have been added and updated in each ARL release.

The "List of new applications added" link for ARL update #2630 lists a range of Xbox Game Overlay application versions added last week, so that would likely explain what you are seeing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Not sure if this changed lately, but I do see 23 related installer evidences "Assigned".

2021-09-27_14h09_19.png

They are Microsoft Store apps, installed by default. I can only assume that the apps got added to the ARL and therefore you started finding them.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi Markward,

thx for your reply, now my question would be where can I check if this was added to the ARL? In my understanding there has been a link to a website where you could check this but I don't have this link anymore. sharing this link will be much appreciated.

Regards,

René

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi René,

the Content Blog may have some details. Not sure though, if specific apps are mentioned.

Best regards,

Markward

thx, specific apps are not mentioned unfortunately.

But for now I guess I have enough info and background

@rene_lansink - you can follow the links under the "Details of changes in the ARL" heading in the ARL update blog postings to see lists of specific applications that have been added and updated in each ARL release.

The "List of new applications added" link for ARL update #2630 lists a range of Xbox Game Overlay application versions added last week, so that would likely explain what you are seeing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)