cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Add custom value in installed application status dropdown

Hi,

I am looking to add a custom value "End of Life" in status drop down on installed applications page (PFA screenshot). Please help us to provide the query which can help  to add the custom value in dropdown.

Alternatively, please suggest if we can create a separate column on this page with name "End of life" (yes/no)

Thanks,

Awadh

Flexera Technical Consultant

(1) Solution

Hi Awadh,

You would want to add the additional action into the [SoftwareTitleAction] table, using the following SQL:

INSERT INTO [ComplianceResourceString](ResourceString) VALUES ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife')

INSERT INTO [SoftwareTitleAction] (ActionResourceName, ActionDefaultValue)
VALUEs ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife', '[End Of Life]')

INSERT INTO [ResourceStringCultureType](ResourceString, CultureType, ResourceValue)
VALUES ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife', 'en-US', 'End of Life')

This will make the additional 'End of Life' application status available both in the column filter, as well as on the 'Change status' button (drop down) that allows changing the status of multiple applications simultaneously (see screen shot).

2023-05-10_15-09-51.png

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @avi0408 

Please refer the Flexera system reference guide for creating custom attributes. You can create an attribute as a field and this should in the column chooser.

Hi avi0408,
usually youĀ“ll need to create a dedicated custom property. i recommend to follow the instructions in the official documentation ( Adding Custom Properties ).
Example query:

EXEC AddPropertyToWebUIPropertiesPage
		@TargetTypeID=13,
		@Name='EndofLife_Customproperty',
		@CultureType='en-US',
		@DisplayNameInPage='End of Life:',
		@DisplayNameInReport='End of Life',
		@TabName='Tab_General',
		@UIFieldTypeID=4,
		@UIInsertTypeID=2,
		@RelativePositionTo='Status',
		@Position=1,
		@Width=1
/*
EXEC dbo.RemovePropertyFromWebUI
		@TargetTypeID =  13,
		@Name = 'EndofLife_Customproperty',
		@DeleteFromDB = 1
*/ā€‹

BR, Steve

| sleep, code, eat, repeat |

Hi Awadh,

You would want to add the additional action into the [SoftwareTitleAction] table, using the following SQL:

INSERT INTO [ComplianceResourceString](ResourceString) VALUES ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife')

INSERT INTO [SoftwareTitleAction] (ActionResourceName, ActionDefaultValue)
VALUEs ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife', '[End Of Life]')

INSERT INTO [ResourceStringCultureType](ResourceString, CultureType, ResourceValue)
VALUES ('SoftwareTitleAction.EndOfLife', 'en-US', 'End of Life')

This will make the additional 'End of Life' application status available both in the column filter, as well as on the 'Change status' button (drop down) that allows changing the status of multiple applications simultaneously (see screen shot).

2023-05-10_15-09-51.png

Be aware that the SoftwareTitleAction table does not formally support having custom values added, as the values in this table have various built-in meanings. While I can't think of any specific problems this would cause, be careful that adding a custom value as suggested here may result in unexpected behavior somewhere in the system.

See the following page for a list of the drop down lists that are supported for adding custom values: Customizable Drop-Down Lists.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)