cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To migrate Flexera Extended Apps

Hello Team,
Need some pointers on how to migrate Flexera Exended apps from one environment to another.

Kindly share if there is any documentation to follow the steps to achieve the task.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no direct way to transfer local ARL details (applications, recognition rules, etc) from one FlexNet Manager Suite instance to another.

If you feel a mechanism for doing this would be valuable, you might consider logging it as an idea in Flexera Ideas.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

With extended apps, you mean ARL based applications that have been linked to additional local evidence, right?

Taking the "Flexera" applications from SoftwareTitle_S and the "Local" evidence from InstallerEvidence_T (T for tenant) should cover exactly this use case.

SELECT
	sts.SoftwareTitleID
	,iet.*
FROM SoftwareTitle_S sts
JOIN SoftwareTitleInstallerEvidence stie
	ON sts.SoftwareTitleID = stie.SoftwareTitleID
JOIN InstallerEvidence_T iet
	ON stie.InstallerEvidenceID = iet.InstallerEvidenceID

You'll need to extract the existing data, to import it to your other environment. I assume that the "Flexera" SoftwareTitleIDs from SoftwareTitle_S are identical on both systems.

In contrast, the "Local" InstallerEvidenceIDs from InstallerEvidence_T are very likely different on multiple environments. Therefore, you'll need to match the exported evidence data on the new environment by their actual values (DisplayName, Version, Publisher). Then, with the correct ID, you should be able to insert the missing entries into SoftwareTitleInstallerEvidence.

If you're missing some of the evidence in the new environment, you might just insert them to InstallerEvidence_T. You should be able to do the same thing with FileEvidence_T.

Best regards,

Markward