cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tier 1 Inventory Adapters restrict output for testing

Hi Dear Community,

I would want to know how we can restrict Tier 1  OOTB inventory adapters to only bring in inventory for selected devices and not the entire inventory (e.g : SCCM, ADDM)

Any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated - Trying to do some testing on (inventory device-evidence-application-license allocation in UAT environment) in Flexera Cloud.

Regards
Cloaky

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is not possible to change the out-of-the-box inventory adapters in FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud in this way. Some approaches that can be considered are:

• Take a copy of your SCCM database, delete data for comptuer records that you don't want imported in to FlexNet Manager Suite, and then import the remaining data.
  • Modify the queries used to extract data from ADDM into the staging database to only extract the data you want, so that when the adapter runs it only picks that up.
  • Configure a business adapter to set the status of all inventory devices you are not interested in to "ignored" on a regular basis.

With FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, it is technically possible (with caution) to tweak out-of-the-box inventory adapters as you have more control. See the following discussion threads for more:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)