cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler Task Broken

Hi,

We having issue with FNMS 2019R1 - On-Prem Tasks about 13 of them showing same error when trying to run,

There was no changes on server side just one day this error occurs, does any one else has similar issue with 2019R1 ?    

image.png

(5) Replies
Hi, please check the action of the task, e.g. D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\Importers\bin\ ShadowHostWin.exe mgsimport.exe -o CREATE_NO_WINDOW=True -- -t activedirectory 1) Is the path correct? 2) Contains the incoming folder a lot of actdir.gz? Then start the import with mgsimport.exe -t activedirectory 3) If the folder is empty you can create a empty file test.actdir.gz in the incoming folder and start mgsimport.exe -t activedirectory . Then you should get something like this: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\Importers\bin> mgsimport.exe -t activedirectory Starting Importer... No directory specified - using D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory\ Processing 1 files Processing file D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory\test.actdir.gz: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. File D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory\test.actdir.gz: OK - processed successfully --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All tasks are complete Finished importing 1 files in 1.6s Btw, in our FNMS 2019 R1 the task is working fine.
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Results from searching for this error message on the Internet suggests that it looks like Microsoft Task Scheduler has got itself in a knot and details of scheduled tasks have been corrupted.

If following guidance on pages like https://www.thewindowsclub.com/the-selected-task-0-no-longer-exists-error-in-task-scheduler and others you may get from doing a search doesn't help, you may find you have to re-configure the scheduled tasks. That can typically be done by re-running the Config.ps1 script that was executed to configure the system when FlexNet was first installed.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi, did you also check the action of the task, e.g. D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\Importers\bin\ ShadowHostWin.exe mgsimport.exe -o CREATE_NO_WINDOW=True -- -t activedirectory 1) Is the path correct? 2) Contains the incoming folder e.g. D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\ActiveDirectory a lot of actdir.gz files? Then start mgsimport.exe -t activedirectory as workaround. 3) Or you can test the import with: Create a empty file test.actdir.gz in the incoming folder and start mgsimport.exe -t activedirectory Then the file will be remove from the folder.
Hi There, not sure of the timing that you encountered these but this may be something to look at. One of the Issues resolved during this Release looks to be around the TLS 1.2 protocol. Not sure of the exact details but maybe TLS 1.2 has been enabled as the default if available. Seems odd that all 13 went at the same time.

IOJ-1876320 On platforms that support TLS 1.2, the Beacon does not use it by default

I got this under the 2019 Release 1 Release Notes PDF.

As I say, may not be relevant at all but wanted to mention it just the same.
Hi There, just thought of something else. If by chance you have recently upgraded the Beacon Version to a newer version via the FNMS console. Remember that when its upgraded automatically that the "Local" account is used by default instead of a Service Account if indeed you use Service Accounts. I know for myself, I need to reconfigure the "logon as" for the Beacon Engine to our Service Account or else things like our Business Adapters etc. will not run as expected.

Again, just throwing some ideas your way.