cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Inventory Import

Hi,

I have 2 stuck inventory imports (M365 and SCCM) both are on import into staging step with statuses of pending. I checked batchprocesstaskconsole hoping that there's something there connected to these 2 tasks that I could kill but there's none. Any more ideas? I tried to re-run these by clicking on Execute now and Run now from Beacon but it only changed the Last Run from the beacon but not from the System tasks. I seem to trace the log file connected to this so I have no idea where it is right now. All I know is that it's supposed to go now to my application server.

(1) Solution

I actually did and they are not test connection. I run the complianceconnection table and saw marked as 0 so meaning everything is good. Anyway, I ended up removing and re-making the business adapter instead. Right now it's taking normal course as we speak.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @jjoaquin , 

Can you check if these connections are enabled or marked as test connections? If yes, then this is the expected behavior. If you are using FNMS OnPrem, you can query the ComplianceConnection table and find this information. You can also find this information from the Inventory connections view from the FNMS UI.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks!

Ex-Flexera

I actually did and they are not test connection. I run the complianceconnection table and saw marked as 0 so meaning everything is good. Anyway, I ended up removing and re-making the business adapter instead. Right now it's taking normal course as we speak.

Just a tip for anyone searching around for a solution to this:

I recently ran into this issue myself, and had the same experience where batchprocesstaskconsole was showing nothing (in the past, this always showed stuck jobs and removing them fixed the problem), I reset all passwords I could, rebooted everything, and still had the hung job. If I reran the jobs, they would show they ran in the Beacon but nothing was happening. 

While looking for logs I happened to check inside the \ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData folder on the batch server. There was a folder with the name of the stuck inventory job in there. I had to jump through some hoops to get this folder deleted (basically reboot the VM with the network adapter disabled), but once I did delete it, the other jobs started running right away. 

Edit: That directory is on the Beacon, not the batch server