cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Harvesting

Hi,

i was told that software harvesting in FNMS can be automated so that it can uninstall the software which are not used for greater than 90 days , can someone please let me know how this could be achieved? Detailed explanation would be great 

Thanks 

(1) Solution

@Shashikant 

... and just to add on top of Chris' response...

I think that what may have been discusses in context of automating the software reclamation process was the combination of App Broker / App Portal with FNMS, please refer to License Reclamation Policies chapters of its documentation for more details.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

FlexNet Manager Suite itself doesn't have functionality to uninstall software from computers. However data from FlexNet Manager Suite could certainly be used to drive a process for uninstalling software.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@Shashikant 

... and just to add on top of Chris' response...

I think that what may have been discusses in context of automating the software reclamation process was the combination of App Broker / App Portal with FNMS, please refer to License Reclamation Policies chapters of its documentation for more details.

Thanks,