cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server re[orting via Flexnet Agent | UI Removal

Hello Dear Community,

I am interested to learn on how to -

For instance, a server is reporting via the Flexnet agent to Flexnet Manager Suite SaaS and recently the server is decommissioned (inactive) but the UI still shows the server with the last date the agent reported.

I would want to eliminate such entries from the FNMS UI for servers that are doing inventory from agent and that have not been reported for a long time. To avoid confusion for reporting.

Thank you

Abhilash M

(3) Replies

There is no build-in function within FlexNet Manager that automatically changes the status of an Inventory Device to "Ignored", based on the Last Inventory Date.  This is based on standard ITAM practices, where such a situation should first be investigated.  For example, what if a Server Administrator sees the FlexNet Agent Service, does not know what it is and disables the process?

Various methods/processes can be followed:

1) When a server is retired/decommissioned, update the status of the device within FNMS.

2) Create a business adapter that pulls from a source of data such as a CMDB, where when the CI is made inactive, this change is imported into FNMS to change the status of the device.

3) Use the Hardware Asset Management capabilities of FNMS so that when the Asset Status is changed to retired/disposed, the corresponding Inventory Device is "ignored".

Please review the FlexNet Manager Best Practice Guides in the Learning Center for more information.

@kclausen  Thank you Kclausen, I will review the document for more information on the same.

@Nico_Erasmus  Yes, Kclausen response did help in my case. Thank you too!!

Hi @Cloaky .

If you could clarify your question:

1. Has the status of the server Inventory Device been changed on FNMS to ignored, or has the Server Asset been retired in response to the decommission activity.

2. What report in the GUI are you hoping would have updated?

Else if you are thinking this should just automatically reflect the environment change, refer to @kclausen 's  response.

Regards,

Nico