cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Native Client on FNMS Beacons

Hello Team,

Just want to know if we need sql server native clients on the beacon servers.

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If you want the beacon to access a database of any kind, you'll need the proper database drivers. Like to run a SCCM Reader, you'll need Microsoft SQL DB drivers. Depending on the data source, you might need Oracle ODAC, IBM DB2 drivers, etc.

Edit: It actually no longer the native client, but Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If you want the beacon to access a database of any kind, you'll need the proper database drivers. Like to run a SCCM Reader, you'll need Microsoft SQL DB drivers. Depending on the data source, you might need Oracle ODAC, IBM DB2 drivers, etc.

Edit: It actually no longer the native client, but Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server

Best regards,

Markward

jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon all,

I agree with the above.
I'm just adding the quote from the ITAM pre-requisite documentation with regards to specific database driver versions and architectures, which may be relevant:

• For Oracle Database inventory, Oracle OLE DB Provider (32-bit), version 10.2.0.3 or later.
  • For connections to import data from DB2 databases, IBM OLE DB Provider (32-bit or 64-bit). Whether the driver is 32-bit or 64-bit is determined by the operating system, so that for 64-bit operating systems the 64-bit drivers are required.

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/SysReq/index.html#FNMS_sys_req/RN_sys_req_prereq.html

I'd of course check against the specific version of the product, if you're using on-premises or ITAM Beacons, on the docs.flexera.com site.

Kind regards and thanks,

Jack

Flexera Support