cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2008 to SQL 2016 migration

Hi, I'm planning for an upcoming SQL server migration.  I'm trying to anticipate potential problems. 

I'm not doing any in place upgrades.  I have a new SQL server and admin server that is going to use FNMEA 2019 R1. The old SQL 2008 server was using admin version 15.5. 

I was just going to do a backup restore and point 2019 R1 to new SQL Server 2016.  Are there any scripts I should run?  

Thanks

Travis 

(1) Solution
mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The only thing you will have to do is run the upgradedb script on both the admin module and the reporting module. The schema has changed so you will need to run that. thats about all you need to consider.

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
mcavanagh
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The only thing you will have to do is run the upgradedb script on both the admin module and the reporting module. The schema has changed so you will need to run that. thats about all you need to consider.

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution