cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Oracle List of Commands

We received and email that there are downloads of the Oracle VirtualBox Extension, but the list Oracle provided does not show email address. I asked them how to get that information, and they sent me an attachment (attached to this post) with different commands to run within my inventory application. Has anyone seen this before or know how to do this? I've asked our SCCM folks to see if they can help out, but if anyone else can help I would appreciate it.

(3) Replies

It appears that they are telling you have have 3 ways to check for this.

1: Search the system for a file named ExtPack-license.rtf

2: Check these specified paths for the specified files

3: Use VBoxManage to check for the extension packs. 

I do not see what this would have to do with SCCM or  FNMS. If you are unsure on how to do any of what was provided, I would suggest following up with Oracle regarding this matter. For more information on using their command line utility, VBoxManage, you can refer to the following document: https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html#vboxmanage-intro

Thanks - they said in the email that it would commands to be run by out Software Asset Management tool...I guess they are mistaken.

I'll check out the VBoxManage tool.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I guess, your actual question is, if anyone was able to include these details into inventory to then use the data for licensing?

I have not done this before, but I have an idea. A script to find these files on clients and then create custom WMI class instaces from the data. Then the FNMS agent could be used to collect the data (wmitrack.ini). From there it's a custom report or import. Quite some work, so it should be calculated if it's worth the effort 🙂

Best regards,

Markward