cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting and Analytics

How do you create a widget or report on the Analytics that include License Expiry? I need a widget that shows Licenses expiring in the next 30/60/90 days. 

(6) Replies

I do not know how you would create this as a widget in Analytic, however, FNMS does have a built-in report that shows this data. This view is the "License and Maintenance Expiry" view, available under the License Compliance section.

You can select the Expiring within date for the report between 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 days, and Overdue.
More information about this page can be found in the Online help, linked below:
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/LicenseExpiry.html

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

@DrkNyte 

If the license expiration is based on linked contract expiration you can potentially do something like this for the Analytics widget(s):

Capture.PNG

I.e. from FlexNet Manager Platform Reports and Dashboard -> FNMP -> Operational Objects -> License -> License-General: License Name (+ eventually License Publisher) as widget(s) and then use License Contract Link: Expiry Date as filter.

Thanks,

Yes, I understand this workaround. I'm my case we have approx 750 licensed products. A small portion of our licensed products are tied to a contract while the majority are standalone licenses which do not roll up to a contract. We have less than 10 contracts (Microsoft, Adobe, oracle, etc..). There considerable about of overhead to use this workaround. Potentially having to create a bogus contract (placeholder) records and having to maintain that contract and keep those separate from the ones that are true contracts. This workaround would work though but I would rather work with a different Analytics tool like Tableau, Power BI  or or Arcadia and get at the RAW data in Flexera. I'm still hopeful and working on getting this done through the built in Analytics (Cognos) and appreciate everyone's feedback so far. 

@DrkNyte 

I understand, that's a vey valid use case (not having to create contract for each license) then to raise as an idea in Flexera Ideas and may be others will vote on it too.

I'll leave it up to you for selecting another Analytics tool, but you can obviously also use Flexera Analytics directly against the underlying compliance database provided that you're running the on-premise version of FNMS:

Capture.PNG

Its schema is documented in Database Schema Reference (for the on-premise version of FNMS).

Thanks,

Hi John,

This would be an excellent option however we are running the US Cloud version. Do you have a similar option for cloud based users?

@DrkNyte 

No, I'm sorry, Flexera will have to extend the supplied data models for you (as an FNMS Cloud customer) to be able to create this widget then. However, as stated above this is a valid use case to raise as an idea in Flexera Ideas and may be others will vote on it too. 

Thanks,