cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Application Evidence

Hi all. Can anyone explain how I can determine the Edition of an application title using the Installer Evidence provided by the ARL? For example, I have the applications "Toad for SQL Server Base Edition" and "Toad for SQL Server Professional Edition", and they both have Installer Evidence of arl://MGS-APP-00000188297 set in the Installer Evidence tab of the application. Shouldn't these be different? If so, where do I find out what each of these truly are? Does anyone know if Flexera has a site that lists all the entries in their Application Recognition Library (ARL)?

Thanks!
(7) Replies
Lee Chilcoat wrote:
Hi all. Can anyone explain how I can determine the Edition of an application title using the Installer Evidence provided by the ARL? For example, I have the applications "Toad for SQL Server Base Edition" and "Toad for SQL Server Professional Edition", and they both have Installer Evidence of arl://MGS-APP-00000188297 set in the Installer Evidence tab of the application. Shouldn't these be different? If so, where do I find out what each of these truly are? Does anyone know if Flexera has a site that lists all the entries in their Application Recognition Library (ARL)?

Thanks!

Did you open a Flexera Support Case on this for the ARL team?
Thanks Joseph, but no I haven't. I'm very new to the Flexera software, and tasked with software compliance. Was hoping that Flexera might have a way to search through the ARL database to make sure I'm adding the correct Evidence to the right application title (version and edition, too). Would be great if they provided some kind of search where you could enter the publisher, application title, version and edition and then have it come back with the ARL evidence for that particular title.

Thanks again. I'll see if I can figure out how to reach their ARL support team and if I have the ability to do that.

As I said, I'm new to the Flexera world, and was hoping that their "community" forums would be more helpful. I worked with HP AssetCenter/Asset Manager for over 17 years, and their community forum was really informative. You could post a question or find answers from other members of the community, and the support team from Peregrine (now part of HP) used to monitor the forums and provide answers each day. Cut down on the number of support tickets they had to work with, I'm sure.
By
Not applicable
Lee Chilcoat wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Lee,

The arl://MGS-APP-00000188297 belongs to Toad for SQL Server 6.5 Unspecified edition, which suggests the evidence which are getting recognised doesn't provide edition information, so they are being recognised as 'Unspecified'.

Cheers,
Monal
uppppppppppp
Mdhiman wrote:
Hi Lee,

The arl://MGS-APP-00000188297 belongs to Toad for SQL Server 6.5 Unspecified edition, which suggests the evidence which are getting recognised doesn't provide edition information, so they are being recognised as 'Unspecified'.

Cheers,
Monal

Hi Monal. Thanks for posting, but how did you determine this? So there is no way to determine which Edition of the software this evidence should go to?
Please write more details about this question.
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Sometimes, software publishers make it REALLY difficult to tell the difference between editions of the same product - when we pull installer evidence in such a case, it truly can't be distinguished as one edition versus the other.

In some cases, if you know of a method to distinguish between the two, you can submit that method to Flexera Support - under Flexera's Complete Software Recognition Commitment, we are happy to work with any customer to improve application recognition.

Best,
Natalie @ Flexera
Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that