cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Date - Inventory linked to an asset and the asset status  is "in storage" to be in this view?

Hello all,

When looking in detail in the Out of Date view,  I discovered some entries in this view that probably  should not be there in my opinion.

The entries I means are those where the inventory (status active) is linked to an asset and the asset status  is "in storage". In this case the inventory will not be updated anymore because the device is in storage and not connected anymore. Still these entries are shown in Out of Date inventory listing.

Am I correct or do I see this wrong ?

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

By default this view shows all devices regardless of status to support as wide a range of uses as possible. However if your particular scenario only requires seeing devices which have an active status, you can filter the view accordingly. This will exclude devices that are linked to an asset that has an "In storage" status.

For example:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello Chris, 

Yes I know you can filter on Active or on Ignored as these are the status possible in Inventory.

But when an Asset status for a device is put on "In storage" and the asset has a linked inventory then the state of the inventory will be Active and not ignored.

It shows as active and in fact it is not active because the device is in storage and cannot send inventory.

This means I think you cannot filter to hide Asset in storage status here. 

Regards, Frank

Ahh, I see. I was thinking that inventory devices linked to an "in storage" asset automatically got their status set to "ignored", but that's incorrect: such inventory devices get a status of "active".

So I can't think of any way excluding such devices from the built-in "Out-Of-Date Inventory" view. Adding some way to do this would be a good suggestion to add under Flexera Ideas.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)