cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft SQL Server (Unknown Component)

Hello Team,
It has been identified that, for some of the inventories in our environment that 'SQL Server LocalDB 2019 Express' application version ( which is freeware)  was identified in last month report . But in this month report, for the same inventories  'SQL Server (Unknown component) 2022' has been identified by Flexera. We have observed that Flexera just stops recognizing editions sometimes. We faced issue with freeware clients becoming commercial in the past.

From installer evidence of inventory, 'Microsoft SQL Server 2022 LocalDB' has been identified from 'Raw Name' and mapped to SQL Server(unknown component) 2022.
Please let us know why the recognition pattern has changed.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

(12) Replies

Hello Team,

Can anyone please provide an update on this,

Thanks,

Sachin MS

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

Thank you for contacting Flexera support.
This request has been received for further analysis. I will update you shortly.

Best regards. 

Hello @DeomitaRoy ,

Thanks for extending your support on community forum.
Please keep updated once there is some findings on this topic.
Looking forward to your response on this.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

Hello @DeomitaRoy /Team,
Can anyone please provide an update on this?
Any update on this is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

We are working on it. I shall share a response soon. 

Thank you. 

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

The Microsoft SQL Server 2022 LocalDB evidence has been re-assigned to the SQL Server LocalDB 2022 Express application. These changes are part of the August 5th ARL release.

Thank you,

Deomita

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

The mentioned changes are part of the 2820 ARL build. I hope the same reflects on your end.

Thank you. 

Hello @DeomitaRoy
Thanks for the update. Will validate and respond accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

Hello @DeomitaRoy  ,

From the ndi file of a server, we have observed 'Microsoft SQL Server 2005' & 'Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition' software's identified on a server.
Flexera while processing the ndi file has mapped these evidences to Microsoft SQL (unknown component) 2005. It seems the softwares identified on the ndi file are component and hence Flexera is mapping those to unknown component which is a commercial application.
Can you please check this discrepancy and take care of evidence mapping on ARL, thanks.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

Thanks for the feedback.  We would require the NDI for our analysis.

Kindly reach me at my official email (in box), I shall have coordinate for further action. 

Thanks. 

Hi @DeomitaRoy 

Shared the ndi file to your official email. Please let us know your findings on the same, thanks.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

Thank you for sharing the information.  I have received it and created a Salesforce case to further track the work on this issue. ( details shared over email) 

We are working on it, and I shall further provide you with updates further via this case.

Best regards,

Deomita