cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximo Integration using wsdl

Dears,

I am trying to integrate maximo using wsdl with FNMS.

I have two wsdl urls for contract and PO's and wsdl xml files.

The first step of connecting to the database using business adpater studio is successful.
But when I start configuring the adapter under properties as follows, type as wsdl, URL, login credentials and pasting the content of the wsdl xml contract file in "web service function or SOAP" field, then when I click simulate, I get the below error:

</definitions>]. The error message is [Unable to cast object of type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' to type 'ManageSoft.BusinessImporter.HttpWebRequestFixture.IHttpWebRequest'.].
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' to type 'ManageSoft.BusinessImporter.HttpWebRequestFixture.IHttpWebRequest'.

Has someone tried integrating maximo with FNMS and what did they do to fix the above error.

Thank you in advance.

(2) Replies

You must download the FNMS 2016 R1 SP1 version of the “Business Adapter Studio” (BAS) tool.

Later versions of BAS (FNMS 2017 R1 and higher, including FNMS 2020 R1) are throwing the error that you describe when trying to insert data loaded from a Web Service into the target database.

This issue has been submitted to support (Case #01235581) and has been filed as an enhancement request (JIRA "FNMS-45808 Add Support for FNMS Cloud API in Business Adapter Studio").

While not the most elegant solution, an alternate workaround is to create a separate PowerShell Script (or some other method) that connects to your Maximo ASDL API to generate a CSV of the data and then use the Business Adapter to read the CSV file.