cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS installer evidence

Hello, 

In an inventory file coming from a laptop running MacOS I see following lines:

<Package Name="Java Virtual Machine" Evidence="ASPA" Version="15.0.3" InstallDate="20240507T080144">
		<Property Name="Architecture" Value="x86_64,arm64e"/>
		<Property Name="Path" Value="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework"/>
	</Package>
	<Package Name="Java Virtual Machine" Evidence="ASPA" Version="15.0.3" InstallDate="20240507T080144">
		<Property Name="Architecture" Value="x86_64,arm64e"/>
		<Property Name="Path" Value="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A"/>
	</Package>

Is the path property stored somewhere in the Compliance DB?

(2) Replies

I checked the installer evidence related tables in the FNMS Compliance database. I do not see any that contain a file path column. The path for ASPA evidence is likely discarded during the NDI import processes, as there is not a place to store the path in the Compliance database. 

I also did a quick search of the FNMS Inventory database. The table SoftwareOccurrence has a PackagePathID column, but this column is only used to report on installer evidence with the type of 'Managesoft'. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Installation path details related to installer evidence are not stored by the system.

The following idea is related to this: FXONE-I-382: Installer Evidence - Installation Path

You may want to consider voting for that idea if you would find it helpful. This will help the Flexera Product Managers assess the level of interest there is in the idea.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)