cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ComputerUID data in endpoints

Hi Community Members, 

How can we get ComputerUID from a machine installed with Flexnet Inventory Agent. Is it something that can be retrieve via registry? I tried to search it on Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft, but could not find any in it. 

If it is not something that is possible to retrieve, any suggestion on how can we get an Unique ID related with Flexera on endpoints?

What we are trying to do is, we would like to correlate Flexera data with another agent (Bigfix) data. Using machine name does not work cause we have duplicate machine names. 

Thank you. 

(1) Solution

If you are looking for a unique identifier that allows matching Inventory data from Flexera to Inventory data from another data source like BigFix, the device serial number will usually be a good candidate.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

If you are looking for a unique identifier that allows matching Inventory data from Flexera to Inventory data from another data source like BigFix, the device serial number will usually be a good candidate.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a deep topic! Matching computer records across different data stores to try to work out what entity in one system corresponds to another system can be a highly complex matter.

Information about the various heuristics (rules) that FlexNet Manager Suite itself uses to match computer records across different sources can be found here: Common: Identifying Related Inventory.

If you are specifically looking to match up records in FlexNet Manager Suite with BigFix Inventory (ILMT) data, then using the ILMT Agent ID would be an option to explore. This value (if known) is stored in the ComplianceComputer.ILMTAgentID column in the compliance database.

I don't have a full understanding of where BigFix Inventory/ILMT stores its agent ID on client computers, but have a hunt around in the following locations:

• The HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\GlobalOptions registry key on Windows
  • The /var/opt/BESClient/besclient.config file on Unix-like operating systems
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you @erwinlindemann , @ChrisG , we will try with Serial Number.