cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of SKUs that are not in SKU library

We are working on reviewing the list of SKus that are not in the library, and determining which ones to send into FLexera to add them to SKu library. 

There is no way that I can see to run that list, without going into each product and re-entering the SKU to see if it is in SKU library. 

I can create an application list that shows me if Flexera added the application or "local" added, which would be us. 

How can I get that? Otherwise, I've been told that there is a URL that we can run the list of SKUs in Flexera. which I would then be able to match and find the ones missing. 

Not sure if the local SKUs are in the same table as the Flexera SKUs, but in either case, how can I create a report, and if it's custom, need the SQL to run it, since it doesn't show up in the tables in create report. 

(1) Solution

Hi schilnr,

If you are working with the on-prem version of FNMS and have access to the [FNMSCompliance] database, you can look at the [SoftwareSku] table (SKU column). In the current (#440) release of the SKU library, this table contains 1845825 rows.

Any reference from SKUs to Software Vendors and to Applications is encrypted and considered to be Flexera Intellectual Property (IP).

Any "Local" SKU data that have been created by manually entering a SKU value into a purchase order (PO) and processing the PO to a software license will not show up in the [SoftwareSku] table. This table contains data imported from the libraries that are provided by Flexera only. If you want additional SKUs to be added, you must submit these additional SKU together with the Vendor and Application data to Flexera.

You can use the [SoftwareSku] table for checking if your own SKU data are available in the Flexera library or not.

Working with the FNMS Web UI, you can use the standard PO import template for importing some dummy POs into FNMS. After completing the import, you can see in the view if SKU data are recognized or not. In the "Unprocessed Purchase Orders" view, you can add a filter on "Alert = SKU does not match" for filtering on the SKUs that have not been recognized.

View solution in original post

(16) Replies

Hi schilnr,

If you are working with the on-prem version of FNMS and have access to the [FNMSCompliance] database, you can look at the [SoftwareSku] table (SKU column). In the current (#440) release of the SKU library, this table contains 1845825 rows.

Any reference from SKUs to Software Vendors and to Applications is encrypted and considered to be Flexera Intellectual Property (IP).

Any "Local" SKU data that have been created by manually entering a SKU value into a purchase order (PO) and processing the PO to a software license will not show up in the [SoftwareSku] table. This table contains data imported from the libraries that are provided by Flexera only. If you want additional SKUs to be added, you must submit these additional SKU together with the Vendor and Application data to Flexera.

You can use the [SoftwareSku] table for checking if your own SKU data are available in the Flexera library or not.

Working with the FNMS Web UI, you can use the standard PO import template for importing some dummy POs into FNMS. After completing the import, you can see in the view if SKU data are recognized or not. In the "Unprocessed Purchase Orders" view, you can add a filter on "Alert = SKU does not match" for filtering on the SKUs that have not been recognized.

thank you very much. that helped a lot.

Hi,

I'm on prem 2018 R2....You reply is a little bit confusing. In your response, you stated 'Any reference from SKUs to Software Vendors and to Applications is encrypted and considered to be Flexera Intellectual Property (IP).' But then you refer us to going to the [FNMSCompliance] database, to look at the [SoftwareSku] table (SKU column). 

So are we able to look at a long list of SKU or not? I don't want to have my server contact log onto the FNMSCompliance database and have all the SKU numbers encrypted...

Please advise....

So are you saying that 

@rodris46  - The SKU number itself is not encrypted in the database.  But all of the related information about the SKU (description, publisher, use rights, etc.) - IS encrypted.

Yes, you are able to look at a long list of SKU data.

erwinlindemann_0-1581360016887.png

As you can see in the screen shot of the [SoftwareSku] table, the [SKU] is visible in column #3. However, other relevant information like the [SKUDefinition] column as well as any linking to the software application titles is encrypted.

Hi Erin Lindermann, 

- We were able to download the SKU and I see what you see now which is awesome.

- In general, as we capture SKU numbers from our Software Quotes into an excel file (for example, the Purchase Order One-Time Upload), we will now know, at the very least, if a SKU in our upload file (which was created by pulling data from various sources such as PO, SW Quotes, ect) exist in Flexera or not. This is much quicker than going into a Flexera FNMS Purchase record and manually check, one at a time, if Flexera recognizes or does not recognize the SKU...This will cut down time on our end, now that I can use excel vlookup

I understand that there is data encrypted liked the SKUDefinition and that's ok, but I was wondering is there a description/definition to the other fields that are supplied in the SoftwareSKU table?

For example,

What is a SoftwareSkuTypeID 1 thru 5 mean or indicate? Is it possible to learn what 1 is, 2 is, 3 is, 4 is, and 4is?

What is the MaintenanceTypeID 1 thru 4 mean or indicate? 

Version, Previous column might also be something good for us to know depending on their meaning...

In general, there is something a challenge to know when something is a full license or just maintenance to an existing license....

Thanks in advance! 

-  

Hi,

This information is considered to be Flexera Intellectual Property (IP).

• In the [FNMSCompliance] database, there are no lookup tables like [MaintenanceType] or [SoftwareSkuType].
  • In the FNMS Schema Reference (Page 479), there is limited information about the meaning of these fields only.

You can do some "educated guesses" by looking at the [MaintenanceTypeID] and [SoftwareSkuTypeID] values for SKUs that you are familiar with.

Bottom line is that additional information is not provided by Flexera though.

Thank you so much for your reply. Good job, have a great day!

Thanks @erwinlindemann for answering all the queries. 

@schilnr , @rodris46 ,

I hope you have got answers for your question. If you find the unrecognized SKUs , please send across to Flexera via support. 

Here is the list of the unrecognized SKU. is there a contact in support that i need to send this list to?

Hello @MohamedAly ,

To provide a list of SKUs to be added into the FNMS SKU library, please fill out the attached template with as much information as possible.

You can then raise a Support case (Get Support -> Open New Case) and attach the file so that we can forward the data over to the Content Team for further review.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

I've got the list and am working thru it. thanks

It takes time to get the vendors to respond.

Excellent! Thank you 

how do i submit a compiled SKU list with the Vendor and Application data to Flexera?

@MohamedAly  - Please submit a Support Ticket with the list of SKUs and it will be given to our Content Team for a future update of the SKU Library.