cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkage between purchase order detail lines and license

I am attempting to write a SQL query against the Compliance db to assist our Operations Team.  As a result, I need to "process" the Purchase Order Detail record(s) listed within a given license on the Purchases Tab.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine how these records are linked/associated while reviewing the schema documentation.  Is anyone aware of this linkage?  

(1) Solution

The linking table you're looking for is EntitlementTransaction.

You can find more info in the Schema Reference here: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/Schema/index.html#SysRef/schema/ComplianceSchema/Compliance.Logic.LicensingTables/reference/EntitlementTransaction.html#reference_FNMP_EntitlementTransaction
As a quick example, the below query would get you the license id, license name and the expiration date of any processed PO's. If you need something more specific, post back and I can work some SQL magic.

select sl.SoftwareLicenseID, sl.name as LicenseName,
pod.ExpiryDate
from entitlementtransaction et join softwarelicense sl
on et.SoftwareLicenseID = sl.SoftwareLicenseID join PurchaseOrderDetail pod
on et.PurchaseOrderDetailID = pod.PurchaseOrderDetailID

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
mgunnels
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Good Afternoon

Is the objective to provide a report  of purchases to a license.

Hello Mr. Gunnels 🙂

Their objective is the find the latest expiry date from all po detail lines within the license that would then be copied to a custom field on the license that they could then utilize in reports/views.

The linking table you're looking for is EntitlementTransaction.

You can find more info in the Schema Reference here: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/Schema/index.html#SysRef/schema/ComplianceSchema/Compliance.Logic.LicensingTables/reference/EntitlementTransaction.html#reference_FNMP_EntitlementTransaction
As a quick example, the below query would get you the license id, license name and the expiration date of any processed PO's. If you need something more specific, post back and I can work some SQL magic.

select sl.SoftwareLicenseID, sl.name as LicenseName,
pod.ExpiryDate
from entitlementtransaction et join softwarelicense sl
on et.SoftwareLicenseID = sl.SoftwareLicenseID join PurchaseOrderDetail pod
on et.PurchaseOrderDetailID = pod.PurchaseOrderDetailID

This is brilliant.  Thank you so very much.  I was able to utilize this as a starting point for a Business Adapter that is doing exactly what our team needed.