Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Restrictions_query

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello,

Can you please help me with the below query. We have 2 licenses created as below

License 1 :  MS SQL Ent for FNB - This license has restrictions applied on corporate unit - FNB

License 2 :  MS SQL Ent  for Non Cluster  - This license has restrictions applied on Location - 'SQL Non-Cluster'

Note: We have created SQL Cluster, SQL Non Cluster, SQL Physical as locations inorder to apply restrictions and also updated locations for all devices accordingly

If a  device which belongs to corporate unit as 'FNB' and location - 'SQL Non-Cluster' has SQL Ent installed,  which license will be consuming this device ?.

Currently our expectation is that the device must be consumed by license 1, but few cases are consumed by license 2 and few are by license 1.

I'm guessing because of the conflict of 2 different restrictions being applied on this device, the license with higher priority would consume ?

Any best practices around this or what is fnms standard behavior ?

(1) Solution
Interesting use case, you shouldn’t mix two enterprise groups types. Reconcile will look for available purchased entitlement quantity and assign installation to a license which has the best match (restriction and available quantity).
Best practice, I would suggest not to mix enterprise groups if you cannot avoid then make inventory devices enterprise group assignment doesn’t overlap.
HTH
Aamer

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
Interesting use case, you shouldn’t mix two enterprise groups types. Reconcile will look for available purchased entitlement quantity and assign installation to a license which has the best match (restriction and available quantity).
Best practice, I would suggest not to mix enterprise groups if you cannot avoid then make inventory devices enterprise group assignment doesn’t overlap.
HTH
Aamer
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

As long as the restriction allows both licenses to be used, it should be on the normal license consumption order to define which one is used first.

Best regards,

Markward