cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Restriction for Java SE User vs Server

Hi,

Has anyone found a way of restricting user licenses for Java on Desktop as opposed to processor licenses for Java on Servers . There are only 3 catergory groups where device type isnt one of them so I would be keen to know if anyone found a way of optimising the assignments without having to manually allocate.

Also there doesnt seem to be any consumption for Java SE user when you do allocate the devices.

Cheers H

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You could create a business import doing the allocation for you. Using a Named User license, you could prevent FNMS adding users on its own.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks @mfranz  we have considered that but you would have to keep importing when changes occur. I wanted a more automated solution which I have managed to do a work around using the Enterprise Groups.

Hi,

Keeping up with changes is the very nature of IT asset management 🙂 That's why most business imports do run daily.

Is there a logic to distinguish your two cases, or would you have to make the decission "manually"?

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks @mfranz . Agreed, however I wanted Flex discovery capability to capture that.

Thanks for the insight has been helpful but I have now managed to do a automated allocation to the correct license based on Enterprise group assignments & using the Restriction policies.

Cheers H