cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is XCP-NG supported by FNMS?

by any chance, is XCP-NG supported or will be supported by FNMS?

https://xcp-ng.org

"XCP-ng is a high performance enterprise level virtualization platform with a rich ecosystem.

Originally based on XenServer now Citrix Hypervisor..." 

regards,
Matthias

(1) Solution

I think of it this way (and I'm not representing Flexera product management here). Flexera's product management and engineering teams will for each sprint (in any agile development framework) have to evaluate backlogs, ideas, etc. alongside themes and other planned items in the roadmap, and then prioritize these. As such the ideation process is one of the channels that feed into this, and (stating the obvious) the more votes an idea gets from the customers, the more likely it is to get prioritized and enter the planned roadmap.

Please refer to Flexera Ideas What To Expect for more details about Flexera's ideation process.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@mschwach 

If you haven't done this already, you may want to cast your vote on Develop new Adapter to import Citrix Hypervisor XenServer Host-2-VM mapping information 

Thanks,

I already voted for this idea. But this idea is from 2020 and there is no movement and things are developing since then.
And I highly doubt that XCP-NG will fall under the category of the idea to support "Citrix Hypervisor XenServer" - those are diffrent approaches. one commerzial one free.

@mschwach 

Thanks for being involved in influencing Flexera's product directions through voting. You may want to create another idea about the need for XCP-ng support then. (Apologies, I misread your original ask there...)

Thanks,

So, I assume that this (support of XCP-ng) will not happen in any future?

I think of it this way (and I'm not representing Flexera product management here). Flexera's product management and engineering teams will for each sprint (in any agile development framework) have to evaluate backlogs, ideas, etc. alongside themes and other planned items in the roadmap, and then prioritize these. As such the ideation process is one of the channels that feed into this, and (stating the obvious) the more votes an idea gets from the customers, the more likely it is to get prioritized and enter the planned roadmap.

Please refer to Flexera Ideas What To Expect for more details about Flexera's ideation process.

Thanks,