cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory with Alerts

We have an instance where we have a number of Inventory with alerts. There are primarily 3 types of alerts

1. Virtual machine has no host

2. Blank serial Number 

3. Serial number not unique

4. Serial number with invalid characters

Is there a way I can filter out only those devices which have no virtual host?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A couple of options to filter for virtual machines without a host when viewing the "All Inventory" page would be:

1. Filter for "Alert is Virtual machine does not have a host":image.png

2. Filter for "Inventory device type if Virtual Machine" and "Host is empty":
    image.png
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A couple of options to filter for virtual machines without a host when viewing the "All Inventory" page would be:

1. Filter for "Alert is Virtual machine does not have a host":image.png

2. Filter for "Inventory device type if Virtual Machine" and "Host is empty":
    image.png
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks! This helps!

This two methodes actually give two different results for example the alert filter gives us more results than the empty host filter is there any way we can solve this problem ?

It seems to have a bug: alert type filter is only operative when alert (square button) is on. 

No I meant that I tried the two ways of finding the virtual machines with no host with the same concept but the output result wasn't the same