Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILMT SQL based Integration

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hi Guys,

As anyone faced this issue with connecting FNMS to a ILMT SQL instance, and what the problem might be:

Inventory gathering failed. Error: Connection Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement. This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=14650; handshake=13508; There is a possible connection type mismatch: check that the database is of the correct connection type

Ben

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Tips given in the following StackOverflow thread may help with this one: Connection to SQL Server Works Sometimes. Responses there suggest that some changes to the network configuration on the SQL Server instance hosting the ILMT database may be required to allow the connection you are trying to make.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Cheers Chris,

Thanks for the update, I will check to see if this resolves the problem. 

Ben