cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Troubleshoot an SSO Issue

Hi all ...

My on-prem FNMS 2019 R1 server is set up to use single sign-on and has been working just fine for quite some time.

I now have one user who can't log in.  When he attempts to access the FNMS server, he gets prompted for an id/password, which isn't supposed to happen when the server is configured for single sign-on.

What logs can I check to troubleshoot this?  The troubleshooting page in the on-line help doesn't discuss this.

--Mark

(1) Solution

Great link @JingQian , thank you! Now I know which log to check in the future.

I was able to figure this out out today without having to go to the logs.  It turned out that this one user had login issues to other systems using the same single sign-on id.  The solution was to have the end user restart his laptop (using the "restart" choice from the Windows menu).  Initially, he shut down and turned the machine back on, but laptops nowadays are configured for "fast startup" and an actual reboot of the machine doesn't really occur until a full restart is initiated.  He had some system updates that were pending that seemed to get in the way.  Once these updates were applied, the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
JingQian
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi @mfeinman, does this article [FNMS SAML Setup] Troubleshooting guide and list of common errors  have the information you need? 

Great link @JingQian , thank you! Now I know which log to check in the future.

I was able to figure this out out today without having to go to the logs.  It turned out that this one user had login issues to other systems using the same single sign-on id.  The solution was to have the end user restart his laptop (using the "restart" choice from the Windows menu).  Initially, he shut down and turned the machine back on, but laptops nowadays are configured for "fast startup" and an actual reboot of the machine doesn't really occur until a full restart is initiated.  He had some system updates that were pending that seemed to get in the way.  Once these updates were applied, the issue was resolved.

I would suggest checking the logs within the IDP, ensure the user is chosing to sign in using SSO rather than the username/password that is presented when first using app.flexera address, and also ensure his group membership in AAD (presuming this is the configuration).